HOW IT WORKS
CREATE YOUR REGISTRY PAGE
Your details, plus an email to use with Paypal
GIFTS COME IN ONLINE
This also makes sending thank you cards really easy.
START HOUSE HUNTING
We’ve got a team near you to ensure this is a piece of cake.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS? HERE ARE THE FACTS
- Q: What is a down payment registry?
- A: down payment registry is a unique gift registry that allows couples to registry for down payment funds for a new home.
- Q: Do I have to buy my house through a Home for the Honeymoon-approved Real Estate Agent?
- A: No. Home for the Honeymoon is not a real estate company. You can make your own home purchase arrangements or H4tH can recommend someone locally for you, if you’d prefer.
- Q: How will I know how much to ask for?
- A: The great thing about our down payment registry is that each guest is able to give based on their own comfort level. No gift is too small, or too large.
- Q: How do we let our guests know about the registry?
- A: We provide registry inserts that you can include in your invitations. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your mailing address and number of guests and we will send them to you.
- Q: How do I know when a guest has made a gift?
- A: When a guest sends a gift, you will receive an email from PayPal notifying you of the gift and allowing you to view transactions immediately. We also provide a space for you to view gifts on your user dashboard.
- Q: What if we change our mind about buying a house?
- A: No problem, Home for the Honeymoon is flexible. There are no penalties for using the money for something other than the down payment on your home. Just be sure to notify your guests of your change in plans.
- Q: Is there a fee?
- A: Home for the Honeymoon does not charge a fee for your down payment registry. Typical PayPal fees do apply to gifts that are made online, the current fees are 2.9% + $0.30 CAD per transaction (the gifter decides who pays this fee).
- Q: How long does the registry stay active for?
- A: Your registry can remain active for up to 60 days after your wedding, giving you access to your account details and your “Thank You” record so you can write all those thank you cards.
- Q: Is the website a secure site?
- A: Home for your Honeymoon is a secure site, so guests can feel confident when using their credit card. There is no access to your credit card information after the purchase, and we do not store or sell personal information.
- Q: Aside from collecting the down payment, how does Home for the Honeymoon assist couples with the home purchase process?
- A: Our founder has over xx years of real estate experience, and at your request are ready to guide you through every step of the real estate purchase process. We’ve pre-screened dozens of real estate industry professionals in your area so save you time, money and frustration. By pointing you in the right direction, we’ll make sure that your house purchase is a huge success.
- Q: When will I receive my gifts from the down payment registry?
- A: Instantly. Gifts made to you go directly to your PayPal account, so you’ll have immediate access to those funds.